Betska K-Burr, The Guru Coach; Awarded 2019 and 2020 Top 100 Global Management Consultants; Professional Speaker; Executive Coach; Coach Trainer; Author
Fatima Hussain, Psychologist and Research Analyst, uExcelerate
Is having a team full of skilled and talented people enough to take your organisation to the next level? Organisations work best when the teams responsible for their success work harmoniously in a healthy relationship with the rest of the organisation. A high-performing and cohesive leadership team is critical for success. Not to mention, in a world still adjusting to the impact of the pandemic, remote and hybrid working is a new territory for most people. Team coaching not only allows you to unlock the true potential of your team of leaders but also allows you to create stronger bonds, strengthen teamwork and enhance productivity, no matter where your team is working from. Betska K-Burr, The Guru Coach™, Co-President at Coaching and Leadership International Inc., an extremely experienced and knowledgeable individual shares with you her perspectives on how team and group coaching skills can accelerate your success as a leader.
Betska unfolds the The Universal Laws of Leadership, the concept of Values-based coaching, how to change human behaviour for permanent positive change, the benefits of coaching groups of people and much more!
State of the Nation
As leaders we are the captains of our ship, under the ship is our subconscious mind. In order to create more leaders we must ‘show them the way’, help our employees and peers overcome their roadblocks to success, celebrate their strengths and tap into their enormous and under-utilized thinking power.
“Our number one job as leaders is to create more leaders!”
Engagement of Employees in India
- The global engagement on average was just 20% in 2020 and 22% in 2021.
- Only 13% of the employees in India are engaged, 65% are not engaged are 22% are actively disengaged.
- Actively disengaged means that the employees are unhappy, unproductive and likely to spread negativity at work.
- With Mind-Kinetics we can create stronger engagement.
- Healing and gratitude can help people become more engaged.
Benefits when you or your team engage in group coaching skills:
The difference between team coaching and group coaching as per CLI:
- Team coaching involves working with direct and/or indirect teams. The Leader asks questions which inspire innovative solutions to challenges and goals.
- In team coaching, the coach is usually emotionally involved and therefore has to stay incredibly neutral – no showing of emotions so as not to influence the outcome.
- Group coaching involves working with a group outside their sphere of influence. The Leader asks questions which inspire innovative solutions to an individual’s challenges and goals within the group.
How is coaching distinct?
Coaches are the “Architects”, Therapists: are the “Archaeologists”, Consulting involves analysis and Recommendation while Mentoring involves sharing wisdom.
ROI: The Effectiveness of Mind-Kinetics® Coaching
It is common for Leaders who receive one-on-one PCMK™ coaching to experience 600 – 800%
increase in their professional and personal leadership competencies.
Team/Group Coaching helps us find our team’s blind spots
– In the past two decades, 30% of Fortune 500 CEOs have lasted less than 3 years.
– Top executive failure rates as high as 75% and rarely less than 30%.
– Chiefs are lasting 7.6 years on a global average down from 9.5 in 1995.
– 2 out of 5 new CEOs fail in their first 18 months on the job (Harvard BR).
– Major reasons for failure include hubris and ego, a leadership style out of touch with modern times and a lack of emotional intelligence.
– When someone assumes a new or different leadership role they have a 40% chance of demonstrating disappointing performance.
– 82% of newly appointed leaders derail because they fail to build partnerships with subordinates and peers. Call it overconfidence or ego, but powerful and successful leaders often distrust or feel they don’t need advice from anyone.
– Elements of EQ that cause this failure of CEO’s, Leaders & Employees alike?
- They cannot truly “see” themselves. They are blinded.
- Low self-esteem
- Inability to bond with team members
- Helping others grow because they might bypass us and take over our job
How are CLI’s Leader Clients Profiling out on the Wiley DiSC?
33% are very domineering and forceful yet many won’t admit it
50% are pure task-oriented
5% have a high level of people skills
How do we Create Permanent Positive Change within our Teams?
Mind-Kinetics® is a science which opens the mind and empowers the Client to receive new ideas and take action for permanent positive change.
“By learning to bring your awareness to past experiences and conditioning – memories stored in the very receptors of your cells – you can release yourself from these blocks, this stuckness.” of repeating old patterns of behaviour. – Candace Pert, Neuroscientist
The Mind-Kinetics® Secret to Permanent Positive Change is Pentalateral Thinking
– A belief in our conscious mind must be congruent with that same belief in our subconscious mind. Only then can we move forward.
– The subconscious mind – manages our affairs precisely the way it was programmed!
– If our subconscious was programmed with positive thoughts, we could be totally successful and healthy and happy.
– PCMK™ re-trains the subconscious to be focused and positive.
PCMK™ Model For Team Coaching
uExcelerate as a Digital Coaching Platform
uExcelerate can help you seamlessly integrate a coaching culture within your organisation. Whether you want to develop your coaches internally or hire them externally, uExcelerate can aid you in that process.
uExcelerate is a SaaS platform enabling organizations to scale coaching and build sustainable coaching cultures to foster personalized talent development for their employees.
The platform offers holistic, customized solutions to suit requirements for modern organizations in two ways:
The Coaching Marketplace: For your external coaching requirements, our platform connects organizations to a pool of experienced & certified external Coaches from our curated marketplace that enables employees to achieve their personalized transformation, leading towards tangible organizational goals.
So if you or the people in your organization are hesitant to welcome internal coaches, you can use our marketplace of 150 coaches to understand how the coaching journey will work for you and your organization.
- All the coaches on the platform are experienced, certified and specialised in their fields of knowledge.
- All the coaches are certified from reputed organisations, with a minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in their field of work and at least 500 coaching hours under their belt.
- The coaches are selected to ensure that they can help you with all your problems and help you grow into a better version of yourself.
- The AI enabled platform helps you choose the coach that fits your needs best. With the help of your right fit coach you can grow into the best version of yourself that will excel at work and in life.
The Coaching Platform: For your internal coaching requirements, our platform enables organizations to run their own on-demand e-coaching end to end engagements by onboarding their Manager or Leaders as Coaches and team members as Coachees, thereby building a coaching culture within the organization. It allows you to grow and scale up the coaching practice to all levels of your organisation and helps you build coaching capabilities within the organisation. Not only that, we can also help you build your internal coaching capabilities with ease.
The platform functionality includes:
- Cloud Based AI Coaching Platform: Helps you create your own on-demand e-coaching engagements. Designed to manage your employee coaching lifecycle and allowing easy integration of a coaching culture in your organization.
- Democratize Coaching: uExcelerate democratizes coaching by offering multiple types of coaching options such as one-on-one coaching, team coaching and group coaching.
- Intuitive Features: Easy Set up; Multiple Program Management; On-board Internal Coaches and employee; Session Planning & Scheduling; Integrated live video sessions; Action Planning & Goal Setting Scalable and location agnostic, Data analytics and Reports
- The Coach Marketplace: uExcelerate provides access to a curated coach marketplace with over a hundred coaches from around the world for you to choose from. All the coaches on the platform are experienced, certified and specialized in their fields of knowledge.
Betska is Co-President at Coaching and Leadership International Inc. She is the developer of 80+award-winning coaching and leadership methodologies called The Science of Mind-Kinetics® Coaching System. She holds two coaching credentials: Accredited Master Coach (IAPC&M) and ACC (ICF). 6,000+ Client coaching hours since 1995. Betska’s Clients experience remarkable results with up to 1,000 % change in behaviours and/or competencies.
She is also a Canadian best-selling author of many books including Creating Champions, Flying by the Seat of Your… Plans, Build a Boooooooming Business and The “God” in Coaching – The Key to a Happy Life. Her Business awards include: 2003 and 2007 Awards for Innovation, 2009 Lifetime Achievement Award, 2010 a most prestigious award – The Pride of HR Profession Award (Mumbai India). 2019-2020 award honoured as one of the Top 100 Management Consultants in the World. Betska’s business experience includes multiple positions including Senior Executive with multiple International Companies.